Linked Senior Selected to be part of 2014-2015 Aging2.0 Academy
Linked Senior Selected to be part of 2014-2015 Aging2.0 Academy
Posted on November 24, 2014
Washington DC, November 24th 2014– Linked Senior, Inc is pleased to announce they have been selected to join the highly competitive Aging2.0 Academy program. The only program of its kind in the world, the Academy is designed to connect, support and accelerate the top startups in aging and long-term care. The year-long program commences November 20, 2014 in San Francisco.
Over the course of the year-long program, Academy companies will receive critical market insight, access to consumers, expert mentorship and curated introductions to pilots, distribution and investors to help them achieve their strategic goals and ultimately improve the lives of older adults around the world – the mission of Aging2.0. Through Aging2.0’s partnership with Google for Entrepreneurs, Academy companies will also have access to Google training, mentorship and products.
“We were blown away by the quality and quantity of Academy applicants this year and are thrilled to have Linked Senior in the 2014-2015 cohort,” said Katy Fike, PhD., Aging2.0 co-founder. “Together with our partners, we look forward to working with this talented group of entrepreneurs as they to bring their much-needed products and services to market.”
Academy applicants underwent a competitive 6-week screening process, which included valuable input from both the Aging2.0 Leaders Circle partners and the Aging2.0 Consumer Panel, who see and experience the needs first hand every day.
“We look forward to the support and access Linked Senior will receive as part of the Academy program” says CEO Charles de Vilmorin. Senior care communities, especially the ones dealing with dementia such as Alzheimer’s will benefit from our cloud-based dementia engagement solution and the Academy program will expedite our road to success.”
The full 2014-2015 Aging2.0 Academy cohort includes:
- Accushield is a front entry, digital, sign-in kiosk that screens and verifies third-party vendors and service providers. Atlanta, GA
- Active Protective produces smart garments that reduce hip fractures in the elderly by deploying micro-airbags to protect the hip in the event of a fall. Allentown, PA
- Breezie is a simplified, personalized tablet interface designed for seniors and those less familiar with technology. London, UK
- Care Monster is a caregiving app that supports family communication and encourages engagement when it comes to the care of a loved one. Beavercreek, OH
- caremerge is a care coordination platform that forges meaningful connections between providers, payers, families and seniors to improve communication in today’s complex healthcare environment. Chicago, IL
- Evermind creates age-friendly technologies that improve the lives of those who are living alone, or who need extra support, and the people who care about the by using electricity monitoring of home appliances, and other everyday objects. Nashville, TN
- Everplans is the first comprehensive digital planning platform that allows families to create, store and share essential end-of-life wishes and emergency plans. New York, NY
- GeriJoy’s global care team provides 24/7 companionship, supervision, and care management support through senior care avatars; improving quality of care, increasing safety, and lowering cost. San Francisco, CA
- Gociety creates software that simplifies the smart phones interface for older adults. Their products, GoLivePhone® and GoLiveAssist®, are easily accessible and highly affordable. Leenderstrijp, Netherlands
- Life Assist Technologies’ product, Reminder Rosie, is a simple, voice-activated reminder clock with a robust online portal, which allows the family to manage reminders remotely to help support the older adult’s independence. San Francisco, CA
- Life in the Moment is a robust platform delivering a complete continuum of care through mobile apps and a dynamic website aimed at improving the lives of families living with Alzheimer’s. Indianapolis, IN
- Linked Senior is a cloud-based dementia and therapy engagement software for the senior housing market. Washington, D.C.
- Narrative Apparel gives dignity and independence back to older adults through a line of fashionable, functional, and strategically engineered apparel. Greer, SC
- Roobrik is an online decision tools help family caregivers make difficult health and care choices with clarity and confidence. Durham, NC
- SingFit provides music therapy solutions that engage memory care and assisted living residents through song, which produces elevated mood, decreased agitation and better focus. Los Angeles, CA
- Smartstones is the world’s first wearable, sensorial communication device, which connects family members and friends through simple gesture-based messages. Santa Barbara, CA
- SWORD is reinventing the motor rehabilitation industry with the first digital therapy solution that uses haptic feedback to maximize the operational and therapeutic effectiveness of rehabilitation services. Aveiro, Portugal
- Vynca is a digital health company that provides cloud-based software for Advance Care Planning. Sunnyvale, CA
- WalkJoy is a wearable device which reduces falls for patients with peripheral neuropathy by restoring the sensory feedback loop. The WalkingHealth software provides objective gait analysis, fall risk prediction and functional outcome data to therapists. Long Beach, CA
- WoundRounds provides a unique point-of-care wound management and risk prevention solution that empowers nurses to do more with less. Schaumburg, IL
About Linked Senior, Inc
Headquartered in Washington DC, Linked Senior Inc. is the leader in dementia care and therapy engagement software for the senior care market. Its cloud based solution improves outcomes, client satisfaction and helps reduce anti-psychotic drug use by supporting person centered life enrichment. More information can be found here: www.linkedsenior.com.
Aging2.0 (www.aging2.com) is a global organization on a mission to accelerate innovation that will improve the lives of older adults around the world. Aging2.0 connects, educates and supports innovators through its global chapter network, consumer research panel, conferences, Aging2.0 Academy startup program and the Generator Ventures fund. In less than three years, Aging2.0 has become the premier platform for discovering and cultivating innovations focused on aging and long-term care.